- To serve the residents of the Town and Village of Orchard Park who may have problems or questions related to dogs and wildlife
- Ensuring the licensing of dogs
- Picking up dogs at large
- Ensuring proper care and feeding of dogs detained at the Town of Orchard Park Animal Shelter
- Enforcement of Town and Village codes and New York State law pertaining to dogs
- Issuing appearance tickets for violations of Town and Village codes
- Enforcement of impoundment fees to be paid by the respective owner to the Town Clerk of the Town of Orchard Park
- Sending notices for delinquent dog licenses
- Maintaining kennels to provide a clean and safe environment for detained dogs
- Handle sick or injured wildlife calls.
- Pick up dead animals from the roadway
- Take injured wildlife to a local rehabilitator
- Answer questions from residents about nuisance wildlife and make recommendations to assist them in resolving the issue
- Arrange trapping for skunk problems
- Dragging dead deer to the side of the road to be picked up. We will drag deer up to 15 feet from the side of the road. Any further is up to the discretion of the Animal Control Officer
- All dogs must be licensed by the age of 4 months.
- License fees are:
- $20.00 for male or female
- $12.00 for neutered or spayed
Dog licenses can be renewed by mail or in person or by clicking here to renew online.
To register a new dog click here for an application.
All dogs picked up are taken to the Town of Orchard Park Animal Shelter at 4350 South Taylor Road and are held until the owner claims them for up to five (5) days. On the sixth day, they become the property of the Town and will be transferred to the Erie County SPCA to be put up for adoption.
Pickup fees are:
- $20.00 plus $10.00 per day. This is for the first time in a calendar year.
- $35.00 for the second time in a calendar year
- $50.00 each for three or more pickups in a calendar year.
Town of Orchard Park Animal Shelter
Orchard Park, NY 14127